Friday, March 14, 2014

A Series of Amazingness: The 86th Academy Awards 2014

I think most of us are constantly sharing cool/funny/mind blowing/surprising/heart warming videos with our friends (Facebook or not). I know I'm always ecstatic to find an inspiring video that picks me up and makes me jump at life, but then also I do adore a funny video that makes me smile. I'm in lockdown at the moment as I'm about to start my first term matric exams and I'm in a space of total focused action. However, I've been lagging on my blogging responsibilities and so I have decided to share a series of videos that I have found on the web that I believe should be spread far and wide for you all to enjoy also.




So, did any of you watch the Oscars last month? I certainly did, and though it doesn't trump last year's for me, I still adored Ellen -especially her opening monologue where she "mentions" Jennifer Lawrence falling last year on her way up the stairs to claim her Oscar for Best Actress. That was quite hilarious. My favourite moment however was when Lupita Nyongo won the Oscar for the Best Supporting Actress for 12 Years a Slave. Her incandescent dress (and self) floated across the stage and every person in the auditorium was genuinely ecstatic for her. Her speech was a touch fast and she named and thanked every single member in the production of 12 Years a Slave right down to the guys who handed her a glass of water, once; but nevertheless, her message of gratitude and most importantly her final shout out to the world was refreshing and warming.




"When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you're from, your dreams are valid"

Wow, girl. 



Anthea