Friday, August 16, 2013

Ashton -Chris, I am so sorry

I judged you because you were the pretty boy, the dumb guy in every comedy show ever, the cutesy, the almost there sincere guy in What Happens in Vegas, the kuger arm-candy, but Ashton -excuse me, Chris Ashton Kutcher, I am so sorry. 



Now if your thoughts at this moment go something like 'What the hell? Has she gone mad? This is Ashton Kutcher -he is all of that!'

Well, my friends, I am overjoyed to say -so much that I have just finished watching the video and clicked straight away to write this- that all of that has been wiped clean in my eyes. 
Let me start by asking if anybody here watched the Teen Choice Awards on Sunday? Wait, who am I talking to? You here, reading my blog, are a seasoned individual and wouldn't be caught dead watching such pop culture garbage. Comrades, I am simply bursting with happiness that this year, something amazing happened on that stage, and yes, it has to do with Ashton Kutcher. 

See this week he won the Ultimate Choice Award (applause to him) and when he went up to do what everyone on the planet thought he would, which is give one of those 'I love you guys, I'm here because of you...blah, blah, blah...' speeches, he gave what I call the most authentic, honest and sincere appeals to the audience, but also to the world. I was blown away as I watched the Youtube video that my aunt shared on Facebook, and so I share this video with you all today. It starts off as the classic funny guy speech, but then it changes into pure gold. I urge you, listen to his words. They are worth that.




Anyone want to join me in their apologies to Chris?
Let's list those three things;

1.Opportunity looks a lot like hard work.

2.Be sexy. The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart, being thoughtful, being generous. Everything else, is crap, I promise you.

3.Build a life, don't live one.

Please, give a moment to think about all of this, give a moment to Chris, and then hold those words in your heart. 

They are so true. 

Chris, you are a brilliant human being. Salutes to you, man.


Anthea
P.S I would also like to direct your attention that Chris Ashton Kutcher has made it under my Amazing People label.