Thursday, June 27, 2013

And I'm off!



















So the time has finally arrived for me to pack my bags, jump on a bus with 50 other equally deluded human beings and never return -or at least we'll never want to (grins). 
Enough round-about-edness
Tomorrow morning at approximately 5:30 a.m, I will be leaving with my orchestra to go and perform at the Grahamstown National Arts Festival! After an 11 hour drive (eish), we will arrive in the student town of Grahamstown, groggy and claustrophobic from the bus drive, but we will have a spring in our step. 

It's the Arts Festival!

For two days, we will be furiously rehearsing -and furiously attending every concert/play/performance possible. Then for three days we will be performing in the main cathedral, in all our orchestral glory. I might add that we are not merely a classical orchestra. We play many contemporary pieces and modern songs -James Bond theme, Pirates of the Caribbean and Fields of Gold by Sting among others.


The festival has a predominantly jazzy atmosphere, but classic and rock musos make their standing brilliantly too. I think this is going to be incredible. I can feel it. 

I promise to tell all when I arrive back! (wink)

Anthea