Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Sound of Evil

I've recently finished watching this National Geographic series called Apocalypse: World War 2. Let me be the first to say that it was brilliantly produced, as well as being a shocking eye opener to the war. The most incredible thing was that the entire series is made up of completely real footage taken by camera men on the scene. I'm dumbfounded. I give my salutes to those remarkable human beings. Their risk has now given us the opportunity to see and understand what actually happened during that horror.


The series covers the entire war from the bombardment of Britain, the take over of France, the involvement of America -including Pearl Harbor, Japan, the persecution of the Jews, Hitler himself, key battles, the horrendous and sickening inhumanities, and also, Russia. There was a specific episode dedicated to just the invasion and war in Russia between the Nazis and the Russians. One thing that really stuck with me while watching that episode was Stalin's Organs. The politically correct name is Katyusha multiple rocket launchers, and they are as scary as they come. Usually mounted on trucks, these rocket launchers were the first of their kind by being self-automated rocket launchers, causing havoc to any enemy on the other side of the field.



The terror of Stalin's Organs is unimaginable, but do you know what I find more harrowing? The sound they made. It's unlike anything you've ever heard before. Like pure evil. Every time I heard it, I would have this dark, sick feeling in my chest. Not that I want to spread that feeling, but I really feel people should know their history and today, I'm sharing Stalin's Organs with you. The quality of the video isn't fantastic, but if you look, you can see the trucks mounting the launchers. Watch and hear.


Anyone have that feeling?

Anthea
P.S For anyone interested in checking out the documentary series Apocalypse  World War 2, here are the best two links I've found to watch them online; 1 & 2. In number 1, look at the bottom of the page for the rest of the episodes.