Thursday, January 3, 2013

I have a book in front of me called 2013 and it has 365 blank pages

It's a beautiful, clear and magnificently green day in the heart of the Drakensberg on the 31st of December 2012. As I look at the flowing river in front of me, see the abundance of life and nature in this forest, hear the thundering crash of the waterfall and the high pitched ring of a million crickets, I think of the great teachers of my life so far. 2012 was a tough year for me. 
I was thrown into the deep end many a time - threw myself in on a few occasions - and hell,  it was hard, but now that I look back, I wouldn't be the person I am today without those experiences, or the teachers that either orchestrated or guided me through them.
***
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to The Gurus. The first of its kind, this award show commemorates the teachers of Anthea Vander, known to you as Petite Dynamite.
"Hi guys, thank you for coming today! Yes, today I, Petite Dynamite will be your MC. May I please ask for all audience members to put their phones on silent -unless you're sharing or commenting on my blog, which would be fantastic-  and to please leave your applause for the Finale.
Our award today is this right here, a Thank You.
Like it?
So, who's receiving the award?
Well, nobody. (Chuckles) Each and every person I know has taught me some kind of lesson -through good or bad experiences. I can't possibly name everyone personally, and so I am simply going to express how grateful I am for all of their existences. 
Thank you all.
***
Now that I've shown my great appreciation for the people in my life, it's time for the Finale. New Years Resolutions.

I am in a Renaissance. I have entered a time of great learning and yearning of knowledge. (Ha, that rhymes)
I want to know how things works. Why they don't. What happened there. What is happening there. I want to know, and I am going share the abundance of intellect on this blog. (Big grin)


I am not perfect. I am a human being, hello, but as we all should, this year I am striving to live as my true Self. My self that is kind, easy going, playful, outgoing, creative, ridiculous and remarkable, as said in my coming out to the world as Petite Dynamite post, Hi World, again.

I am going to be more loving to myself and less critical of my imperfections. 

I am going to go with the flow. I am going to let go.

I am going to be more grateful and reflective of what I have and need to work on.

I am going to be less serious. I'm need to take things a lot more lightheartedly and be more teasing. Have more FUN!

And lastly, I am going to be the Purple Cow.

Excuse me?

You read right. I am going to be the Purple Cow. 
I've recently been introduced to this book by entrepreneur, author and blogger, Seth Godin called The Purple Cow. It has really resonated and stuck with me. His book argues that it's time to stop blending into the walls and that it's time to be remarkable. 
Imagine you are driving through the countryside and you are passing fields of brown cattle. While travelling past the first few one might think, “Oh, how picturesque! So quaint…” However, after the fourth or fifth charming little pasture of grazing ruminants, admit it, they all begin to glob together into one mud coloured mass. Yet what if one were to see a purple cow, amidst the “blob”? Now that would be something to talk about. 
It would be remarkable. 


Last year, my guidance mantra, my, I guess you could say, "saying for the year" was I will have faith. 
This year, after much contemplation I have come up with:

Flow, Play and the Purple Cow.

Flow for ease, not trying to control and to make everything perfect. 
Play for having more fun, joking and I said it, play. 
The Purple Cow for creativity, ridiculousness, being outgoing and again, I said it, being remarkable.


I wish you all an extraordinary year!

Anthea
P.S You may applaud now (Wink)