Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Smiling like a Cheshire Cat...

So, I want to share this poem I wrote for this poetry competition I entered. To give you a bit of background about the inside joke/meaning of the poem, I've recently discovered that my 14 year old brother snuck into American Pie Reunion at the movies. With this juicy piece of information I accordingly named my poem Blackmail, sweet blackmail...



  Blackmail, sweet blackmail…






Blackmail, sweet blackmail,
The grin grows on my face,

How wonderful this moment is!

I feel like a devious teenage ace;


My cunning plan weaves together swiftly,

Much like a nest of grass and reed;

Make my breakfast!

Polish my shoes!

Don’t underestimate my insatiable greed;


It all started with a conversation,

A rewarding conversation at that;

I now have some blackmail, sweet blackmail,

And little brother, I’m grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Anthea